Monday, March 15, 2010

Tattoo Placement

After venturing around Florida, for my Spring Break, I have seen a whole new spectrum of not only people but tattoos. Some of the most popular placement for tattoos that I have seen are sleeves (for men) and across the chest (for women).

Sleeves or the arm tend to be one of the most popular places outside of the back for ink. And I think that they work both on men and women, it is a good way to build a story or collection of art; the same goes for the back as well. As far as the chest, I think that they are a great place, for women there tends not to be a lot of space to work with. I have seen a few people that have some interesting ones...they tend to be flowers, birds or scripture, mostly symbols that are feminine.

I think that whatever you choose to be on your body that it has a personal connection and is something that you will want to look back on and love forever. Placement is one of the biggest choices in making the decision in getting a tattoo, you may just find the perfect design or come up with an idea that you think may work perfect here or there....and sometimes they do and sometimes hey do not. Make sure that you discuss designs and placement with the artist that you are thinking of having do your work and see what they think as well, the process of decision making is almost even more intense then actually tattooing!

3 comments:

  1. I find it interesting to know where the most popular places are for tattoos. I wouldn't have guessed that more women would want a tattoo on their chests. But men wanting tattoos on their sleeves doesn't surprise me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen some gnarly tattoos in my day and I've seem them everywhere.. Its the truth when you hear someone say that the human body is a canvas. Do you think tattoos will ever go out of style... like to the point no one gets them anymore? Cause I doubt that day will ever come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it interesting about women as well. I personally have a few and they are on my feet/ankel and back so I can cover them up and when I got them it took me a while to decide where I wanted them. I don't think tattoos will ever go out of style.

    ReplyDelete